It seems that companies are becoming more and more active in rolling out their Windows 8 products in the past couple of months and Acer is one of them.
They announced their Acer Aspire S7 ultrabook a month ago but its only now that they have unveiled the specs of this thing.
To start of, this ultrabook has an (optional) touchscreen, comes in 11.6 and 13.3 inch versions and runs on Windows 7 which will be upgraded to Windows 8. Since it will launch in the second half of September, Acer won’t be able to put Windows 8 in this ultrabook.
Here are the specs:
- 11.6 or 13.3 inch versions with full HD displays
- Thickness: 12.5 mm
- Aluminium unibody (with a glass lid on the outside of the 13 inch flavor)
- Screen moveable by 180 degrees
- Backlit keyboard and a trackpad with no physical buttons
- Windows 7 running but might be upgraded by Acer themselves
- Intel Core (Ivy Bridge) i5 processors(you can have core i7 for some more money)
- 4 Gb RAM coupled with 128GB of SSD storage
- micro HDMI port/ Thunderbolt port/ headphone jack
- 2 USB 3.0 ports and a full size SD card slot
- Acer’s new Twin Air cooling system for keeping the ultrabook cool
- 9 & 12 hrs battery life for the 11 & 13 inch models respectively
- Option for more RAM, SSD storage and touchscreen
Other than having a touchscreen (which is very rare for an ultrabook), Acer Aspire S7 has an exceptional design which puts it in the same class as the Macbooks from Apple (design-wise). The ultrabook will retail for $1465 or around Rs. 160,000 or more when it launch in September.