Facebook Fires Back at Google+ With New Gaming Features

Facebook has unveiled a slew of new features for Facebook games just hours after Google launched its gaming platform.
The first feature, the Game Ticker, transforms the right-hand Facebook Chat column into a newsfeed of friends’ game activity. The column displays what games your friends are playing as well as their achievements and high scores. It’s designed to be social, so clicking on a Game Ticker story takes you to that game so you can play with your friends. And just like Facebook News Feed, you can control which stories appear and don’t appear in the stream.

The world’s largest social network also introduced a new expanded-screen mode for games. Current players of social games will appreciate the added real estate for harvesting their crops or attacking their enemies. The final addition to Facebook’s gaming platform allows users to bookmark their favorite apps or games so they’re easily accessible from the News Feed.

The move is a counterattack to today’s launch of Google+ Games, which debuted Thursday with 16 games, including Angry Birds and Zynga Poker. It looks like the competition between the two Internet giants is getting even more intense.
Previous
Next Post »

7 comments

Click here for comments
August 16, 2011 at 11:53 PM ×

It’s actually a great and helpful piece of information. I am glad that you simply shared this helpful tidbit with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

Reply
avatar
August 27, 2011 at 3:00 AM ×

I am currently wondering about materials that can help me develop games for flash.. . I have the latest version of Flash and a basic knowledge of programming.. . I need tools,tutorials,lessons, and examples to help me get the basics down.

Reply
avatar
August 29, 2011 at 6:09 AM ×

Hello. Cool post. There is a problem with your website in chrome, and you might want to check this... The browser is the marketplace chief and a large section of other people will omit your magnificent writing because of this problem.

Reply
avatar
August 29, 2011 at 1:35 PM ×

I was just searching for this info for some time. After 6 hours of continuous Googleing, at last I got it in your website. I wonder what is the Google's issue that doesn't rank this type of informative sites closer to the top. Normally the top sites are full of garbage.

Reply
avatar
James Tiler
admin
August 30, 2011 at 12:58 PM ×

I was just searching for this information for some time. After 6 hours of continuous Googleing, at last I got it in your website. I wonder what's the Google's problem that does not rank this type of informative websites closer to the top. Usually the top sites are full of garbage.

Reply
avatar
September 2, 2011 at 4:56 AM ×

I like the helpful info you provide in your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly. I'm quite certain I will learn many new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!

Reply
avatar
Arrovascoopay
admin
September 5, 2011 at 7:35 AM ×

It’s actually a great and useful piece of info. I am satisfied that you just shared this useful tidbit with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

Reply
avatar